There is a huge following for “babywearing”, ton’s of Facebook groups and mom pages have women talking up a storm about babywearing and all other interests alike. If your a new mom or have just had a new baby you know how hard it is to be separated from your little. Lot’s of mom’s are taking pride in following their instincts by parenting gently and attentively and part of that involves taking part in “babywearing”. So what are the said benefits of babywearing?
- Mom can get more done and take care of other children while wearing and feeding the baby. This can also make things like grocery shopping or going for a walk much more doable.
- Breastfeeding can be encouraged more while wearing baby allows for skin to skin contact which can increase breastmilk production.
- Hormone regulation- research shows that when mothers wear their babies close it can increase endorphins and oxytocin both in mom and the baby. This in turn reduces depressive symptoms in mothers and aids in bonding.
- According to a pediatrics study, infant crying was reduced by 43% when worn on average 3 hours a day. Additionally it has shown to help infants fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer.
- For babies it has shown to be, emotionally, intellectually and physiologically beneficial and has even shown to increase cognitive development.
Don’t be ashamed of babywearing. Embrace motherhood and embrace snuggling and your ability to hold them whenever possible while they are still small. Love your heart out.