Pizza dough is pretty easy to make at home, it is all a matter of doing it. This recipe has treated me very well and I have used it many times to make many delicious pizzas and even hot pretzels! Instead of going out and buying those cardboard pizzas from the frozen section in the grocery store, grab yourself a stock of flour and toppings to make yourself some pizzas at home. Make a night of it! This recipe makes enough for one large pizza.
- 2 cups of all purpose white flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup of warm water (more if needed)
- Start by adding your flour and salt into a large bowl.
- In a different container add in your active dry yeast, sugar and then 3/4 cup of WARM water and let sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast becomes activated. Do not add in hot water, it will kill the yeast, and cool water won’t be enough for it to activate. Think luke warm water.
- Once your yeast looks all fuzzy add the water into the flour and mix until the dough becomes shaggy.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and put onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes.
- Place dough into an oiled or floured bowl and cover with a tea towel. Put in a warm spot for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Once your dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and roll it out onto a floured surface into desired pizza shape.
- Top with desired toppings and bake in oven on 425F for about 15-20 minutes. (Or more depending on how crusty you like your pizza dough).