There are so many different buddah bowls on the internet that you can make and a lot of them are very detailed and fancy, but when you want to eat something hearty but don’t feel like putting all your veggies through a fancy spiralizer or making fancy cuts sometimes a lighter and quicker approach to a buddah bowl that can just be thrown together sounds much better. So for the ease of cooking here is one of our favorites to throw together.
Sweet Potato Buddah Bowl
You will need:
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 avocados
- Tahini and lemon for topping
- Start by dicing your sweet potatoes into large 2 inch chunks.
- Place them in a small pot with about 1/2 cup of water on a medium-high heat for steaming. Cover with a lid and let steam on medium heat until soft.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425F.
- While your potatoes are steaming prepare your chickpeas by draining and rinsing them.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out your chickpeas on top. Lightly pat them dry with a paper towel. (They don’t have to be completely dry, just make sure they aren’t sitting in a puddle of water or they will be mushy.
- Season your chickpeas with the paprika, garlic powder and salt and place them in the oven for baking for about 15-20 minutes.
- While your chickpeas and sweet potatoes are cooking prepare your rice as directed on the package with one minced garlic clove.
- Lastly, steam your broccoli in a shallow pan or pot with 1/4 cup-1/2 cup of water until the color is bright green.
- Once everything has come to a finish throw it all into a large bowl and top with tahini, lemon juice, fresh sliced avocado and smoked paprika if desired!