I had come up with this recipe on accident on my search for something sweet in a tea. I absolutely love trying new teas and coffees (more so teas) and sometimes at that means coming up with my own mixtures at home. As most of you know there is an entire world of teas, I would love to master the art of everything tea one day but in the meantime I will be forever trying new ones until I get there. You can find all of these wonderful ingredients on the Mountain Rose Herbs Website where they provide a ton of quality organic herbs and teas.
This delicious robust and chocolatey tea is of course one of my favorites. Serve it up warm with your favorite sweetener (if desired) and a book.
Chocolate Covered Orange Tea
You will need:
- 2 TBSP of roasted cacao nibs
- 2 TBSP of orange peel
- 1 vanilla bean broken into pieces
- 1 TBSP of cinnamon (cassia) pieces (**sweet cinnamon)
- Mix all of your ingredients into a small sealed container and store in a cool dark place until ready to use.
- Begin by bringing your water to a boil on the stove.
- Prepare tea 1 tsp of mixture to 1 cup of water in your tea press, tea steeper or whatever tea making gadget you have.
- Let steep for at least 5 minutes before serving or as long as you desire.