This recipe was made on a whim and then I ended up making it twice in one day. Yeah, it was pretty good, and although I am making a cookbook at the moment, it didn’t really fit with the rest of the recipes in that book so I get to share this one with you right away. Lucky you right? So keep in mind that this recipe is more of a comfort food then it is a health food, but it is still delicious! Adjust the flavors if you really need to, but it’s great the way it is.
You will need:
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of pasta (cooked)
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayo + 2 tbsp
- 1/4 cup of chopped dill pickle (heaping)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning
- 2-3 chopped scallions (optional)
- Start by cooking your 1 cup of pasta and letting it drain and cool.
- Drain your can of chickpeas and place them in a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Chop your pickles, red onion and celery and put it in the bowl with the mashed chickpeas.
- Add in your mayo, pasta, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, parsley and old bay seasoning and stir until completely mixed.
- Taste and adjust anything as needed. Serve on a wrap, bread or with crackers or chips. For extra flavor add to the fridge for up to 30 minutes.