This recipe is one of our favorite curries. I know I literally say that about almost everything, but this dish is bomb, full of spices and delicious protein. You can serve it over rice or noodles and change or substitute anything you desire.
This is a very large recipe and makes about 6-8 servings. Believe me. You will go for seconds!!!
Coconut Curry Chickpeas and Potatoes
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 TBSP Coconut oil for cooking (optional)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 3-4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of peas
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes or 4-5 diced fresh tomatoes
- 2TBSP Garam Masala
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp curry
- 1tsp salt
- 2tsp cumin
- 1tsp pepper
- 2tsp of coconut flour to thicken (more if you need)
- Cilantro, limes and crushed pepper for topping
- First, if your serving your dish with rice, start the rice and cook as directions on package instruct.
- Heat a large deep saucepan (large cast iron is what we use) on medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Dice your potatoes and onions and slice your cloves of garlic and add them to the pan and let cook for up to 6 minutes or until the onions become translucent and the potatoes start to get a little soft.
- Add in your, chickpeas, peas, and tomatoes and stir. Let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in all of your spices and stir them around in the pan with your veggies until it’s mixed very well.
- Add in your coconut milk and coconut flour and stir. It might look very watery at first but your going to stir it around with your veggies and let it simmer for 15 minutes and it will thicken.
- After the gravy thickens in the pan and the veggies are cooked through you can serve over rice with cilantro. Add in 1tsp of cayenne pepper to sauce for spice if you like spicy dishes!