Lately I have had a sweet tooth, for reasons I cannot explain I just have been searching and searching for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe that was going to be vegan and moist and soft. Some people like a crispy cookie, and others like chewy soft cookies. Well, I am one of those people on the chewy and soft list and man am I so happy that I was able to come up with this one.
Now once in a while its nice to have a sweet, although we should not indulge in sweets and have them sparingly, we should enjoy them when we do.
So here is my recipe to share. Feel free to make any adjustments you would like such as swapping out the regular flour for a mix of your favorite gluten free flour.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 12 Cookies
What you will need:
- 8 TBSP of coconut oil or your favorite vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1TBSP flax meal+3TBSP water)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 heaping tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (or more) of desired dairy free chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Make Flax egg in small bowl and set aside
- In a medium bowl use a hand mixer to mix the cane sugar, coconut sugar and soft room temperature coconut oil. (Mix for one minute until completely mixed). **Should look like wet sand
- Add the Vanilla extract and flax egg and mix for 30 more seconds. (Don’t overmix or cookies will be tough.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and blend for another 30 seconds with the hand mixer. Take your hands and crumble any flour pieces still left in the dough and work them in.
- Fold in the dairy free chocolate chips
- Roll your dough into 12 thick cookie shapes and place on an oiled baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place cookies in the oven for 10-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. When you remove your cookies they still should be soft and fluffy. They will start to crisp as they cool.
- Eat them all and enjoy!!!! (: