Everyone loves a pancake. Some like pancakes sweeter than others but for me, I like a pancake full of flavor more than I do overbearing sweetness..
Recently I didn’t even realize that most people sweeten their pancakes with sugar and then top it with maple syrup which was astounding to me because I cannot handle all that much sweetness in one morning.
On an occasion in which I had to impress my family a few times, I whipped out my spiced fluffy vegan pancake recipe because my family thought vegan pancakes would taste like cardboard or something…boy are they wrong…
So here they are! Spiced vegan pancakes…..because I can walk around and eat them like potato chips or something…
Recipe serves about 2-3 people..
- 1 cup Plant Milk (almond, soy, rice, oat)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of flour
- In a medium bowl, place your flour, maple syrup, baking powder, spices and vanilla and mix.
- Add in your milk slowly and mix. Do not overmix though, it’s okay to have some small chunks of flour in the mix but over mixing will cause your pancakes to go flat.
- Let sit for about five minutes and turn your non-stick pan to a medium heat. If you cook with stainless steel like us, turn to a medium low heat and add oil so your pancakes don’t stick.
- Pour about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter into your pan and wait until your pancakes starts to bubble to flip.
- After you flip, let your pancake sit for about one minute.. Or until browned on both sides..
- Serve with, peanut butter, maple syrup, berries, fruit , coconut, chocolate chips… whatever your pancake heart desires!!!
- Oh yeah, and enjoy!!!