Everyone loves a pancake. Some like pancakes sweeter than others but for me, I like a pancake full of flavor more than I do overbearing sweetness..
Recently I didn’t even realize that most people sweeten their pancakes with sugar and then top it with maple syrup which was astounding to me because I cannot handle all that much sweetness in one morning.
On an occasion in which I had to impress my family a few times, I whipped out my spiced fluffy vegan pancake recipe because my family thought vegan pancakes would taste like cardboard or something…boy are they wrong…
So here they are! Spiced vegan pancakes…..because I can walk around and eat them like potato chips or something…
Recipe serves about 2-3 people..
- 1 cup Plant Milk (almond, soy, rice, oat)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of flour
- In a medium bowl, place your milk, maple syrup, baking powder, spices and vanilla and mix.
- Add in your flour and stir until most chunks of flour have been mixed in. (All the large chunks.) Do not overmix or you WILL have flat cardboard pancakes.
- Let sit for about five minutes and turn your non-stick pan to a medium heat. If you cook with stainless steel like us, turn to a medium low heat and add oil so your pancakes don’t stick.
- Pour about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter into your pan and wait until your pancakes starts to bubble to flip.
- After you flip, let your pancake sit for about one minute.. Or until browned on both sides..
- Serve with, peanut butter, maple syrup, berries, fruit , coconut, chocolate chips… whatever your pancake heart desires!!!
- Oh yeah, and enjoy!!!