Ohh my gosh. Let me first say that, my husband and I both struggled to not eat the entire pan of muffins for breakfast yesterday morning. We atleast waited to finish it off till the afternoon….
These muffins are the perfect subtle amount of sweet and pair great with your morning coffee or tea. They were super easy to make and oh yeah, and my son loves them too!
Best part about these muffins, is you don’t have that awful sugar rush you get with regular grocery store muffins in the package.. They are sweetened with maple syrup and bananas and no refined sugar. Best of all, they are not dry!
Recipe makes about 12 muffins!!!
Vegan Banana Muffins
What you will need:
- 1 cup of very ripe mashed banana
- 4TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1/3cup maple syrup
- 1/4cup soy, rice, oat or almond milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2TBSP ground flax +6TBSP water)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of white or whole wheat flour
- First start by making your flax egg. In a small container mix together 2TBSP of flax meal and 6TBSP of water and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Oil your muffin pan with coconut oil if you do not have muffin wrappers.
- Measure out 1 cup of very ripe banana and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash the banana until it looks like baby food.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and plant milk. (If your milk is cold, warm it up just a little bit so it doesn’t resolidify the coconut oil. Mix together.
- Next add in the flax egg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and stir.
- Add in all of your flour and stir gently. Mix it together until all of it is combined but be sure not to overmix or your muffins will fall flat.
- Fill your muffin pan with batter about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full. Divide evenly through pan.
- (Optional) add a slice of banana and some cinnamon to the top of each muffin.
- Place in the oven and let bake for.20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let sit for five minutes. They taste better when they have cooled!!
- Enjoy the muffins. 😉