Cilantro is among one of my favorite herbs that I enjoy growing. Only problem is, I never seem to grow enough of it. Cilantro is commonly used in a lot of Mexican cuisine, and in some Indian dishes as well. It pairs well with cumin, chili powder, and even curry. It is defiantly one of those herbs that you should eat fresh, as the dried cilantro does not match up to the flavor of fresh. Its pungent and almost citrusy and is a wonderful addition to salsa. Other than being my favorite herb, cilantro shows to have some amazing benefits to the body.
Benefits of Cilantro
- Rids the body of heavy metals ( Arsenic, cadmium, aluminum, mercury and lead.)
- Protects the body against oxidative stress (Especially lead induced stress.) (Oxidative stress is also linked to heart disease, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, macular degeneration and more..)
- Lowers anxiety and improves sleep (Which can also be caused by heavy metals)
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Protects against cardiovascular disease
- Prevents UTI
- Settles digestive upset
- Protects against food poisoning
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Its clear you cannot go wrong by adding a little cilantro to a juice , a salad or on top of your favorite meal. Its both delicious and healthy for you!!! So next time your in the store, or thinking of what herbs to grow in your garden, include cilantro as one of those herbs!