Winter time is the best time for warm soup. Especially soups that bring you back to your childhood like your classic noodle soup. This winter I have found myself drawn toward many soups and this one has been amongst one of my favorites this year.
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 8 cups of veggie broth (Home-made or low sodium)
- 3-4 carrots
- 4-5 celery stalks
- 3-5 swiss chard leaves or other greens
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves (or more)
- 2tsp of Thyme
- 2tsp of Parsley
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- About two cups of your favorite pasta or half of a box of spaghetti noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Bay leaf
- (If I am fighting a cold I like to put in a pinch of cayenne pepper into my bowl)
- Dice up your onions, celery, carrots, garlic and swiss chard leaves and place the onions in a pan on medium heat with a little bit of water so they don’t stick.
- Cook the onions until translucent and then add the other veggie
- Cook all the veggies until they just start to get soft and add in the spices.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil and then add the noodles of choice and turn heat to a low simmer until noodles are cooked.
- Once the noodles are cooked add in the chickpeas and stir.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!!!