As many of you know, the heart is spiritually one of the most synergistically difficult things to heal. The heart needs a lot of attention and can often change within a single second. A lot of us in these times have experienced heartache due to mistrust, loss or disappointment so its something that all of us can relate to.
For obvious reasons of heart wrench, it is important to know that the happiness you strive for lives within. If someone or something is causing you heartache, remove it. Whether it be finding a new job, leaving a bad partner or standing up for yourself and gaining control.
While this may be happening, try including heart warming herbs and good intention. Focus your energy to your heart and listen to what it has to say.
Herbs for Anxiousness and Heart Healing
- Rose: Often known symbolically as a sign of love. Preliminary studies have shown that roses tone the heart and have antihypertensive, antidiabetic, antianxiety, hypnotic, anti-inflammatory and nerve calming- mood-boosting abilities.
- Linden: Smell and taste like honey with a hint of cherry. It is a moistening, cooling relaxing action and it is rich in antioxidants that seem to quell hypertension related to stress.
- Valerian: Commonly used as a sedative to help with sleep.
- Lemon Balm: Calms without sedating. It is useful for mood funks like anxiety, insomnia, nervous indigestion, restlessness, inattention and mental decline.
- Motherwort: The Latin Name translates to “lion hearted”. It is known to be one of the best herbs for anxiety and panic attacks. If you often feel like your having a heart attack and get chest pains (angina). Consider motherwort if you feel you need a littler “mothering”. Helps with emotional outbursts, hot flashes ,depression, mood, night sweats, menopause and hypothyroidism.
- Passionflower: Known to be a sedative and helpful for insomnia and anxiety as well as agitation and irritability in adults and kids.
Of course there are more herbs that are great for anxiety, but these are just among the few for anxiousness regarding the heart.
Herbal Tea for the Heart
Equal Parts of:
- Hawthorn Berries
Place all of these herbs in a loose leaf tea strainer and cover with hot water.
Let Tea sit covered for up to 15 minutes and strain and enjoy.
(Sweeten with honey or maple syrup.)
Have fun with these herbs, and always drink them with good intention. If your looking to heal your heart, find a quiet space without music, without television or any other electronics and close your eyes. Focus your energy on healing and sip a nice warm cup of hot tea. Sometimes quieting your mind is all you need to do.
Happy Healing my Friends, and thanks for following along.