Have you ever considered making your own bath salts or making a special gift for someone important? A lot of the popular bath salts on the markets are chemically laden, and it is a sad tragic thing, especially because making your own bath salts at home can be the easiest thing to do.
Our skin is the largest organ on our body and what we put on it truly makes a difference. Over three years ago you would have looked in my closet and found about 20 different bottles of fragranced bath and body works lotions and perfumes and even more make ups and soaps. Today, the only thing I have in my closet for the bathroom is a bag of natural Epsom salts and my home made goodies.
Just because you choose to remove chemically laden things from your life does not mean that you have to miss out on fun things like bath salts or sugar scrubs, because they can easily be made at home, without all of the harm!
To make your bath salts you will need:
- A Jar with a tight fitting lid (Mason Jars work fine for storage
- Borax Powder
- 0rganic Bentonite Clay
- Natural Sea Salts
- Up to 20 drops of your Favorite Essential oil blend
- Any Herbs such as lavender or chamomile
2 1/2 cups of Borax
1/2 cup of Sea Salt
2TBSP Bentonite Clay
Optional: 2 TBSP of herb of choice
- Mix the Borax, Sea Salt and Bentonite Clay and any herbs (if desired) in a bowl and whisk around. Add the essential oils and whisk again. (Lavender and Clary Sage are wonderful.)
- The scent will be a bit strong at first so cover it with a small towel and let it sit overnight.
- Transfer to a covered jar and enjoy 1-2 handfuls of the salts in your bath!